This page is in active development...
Todo: Convert names over to wiki user pages...
PREAMBLE GOES HERE with Do-ocracy overview and link...
President: Daniel Robert Lewis
- List Responsibilities
Vice President: Daniel Burroughs
- List Responsibilities
Treasurer: Ian Cole
- Landlord Relationship
- Monthly Financial Summary
- Maintenance of Member List
- Class Supplies Inventory (kits, etc.)
- Bank Account management
- Payment of Bills
- Reimbursement of Expenses
Secretary: Mack Hooper
- Monthly Meeting
- Annual Meeting
- Annual Corporate Filing
- Maintenance of P.O. Box
Volunteer / Do-acracy Duties
- Wordpress Administration - Mack H., Bill R.
- Wordpress Content - Ian C., Bill R. (All members are encouraged to submit blog content - we will excerpt your blog, or write blog entries for you, or if you are interested, you can submit directly once we show you the nuances of our wordpress template...)
- Website Contact Form Submissions - Mack H., Ian C., Bill R., Aaron C.
- Web Server Administration - Mack H.
- Wiki Admin (Accounts) - Chris P.
- Wiki Editing - All Members - get an account and help improve it...
- Admin / Moderation - Mack H.
- Twitter - Ian C., Bill R. (Please make sure that FamiLAB is following you, and please retweet about events, classes, etc.)
- Linked In Group - Mack H., Ian C.(Please join it...and post if you will be attending events, etc.)
- Facebook - Abandoned. Need to get the old group archived and clean up the page at a minimum.
Promotion on other websites / communities:
- Reddit - Bill R, Anthony M.
- Florida Creatives - Dave C.
- DEFCON / DC407 - Bill R.
- Radio Shack - Ian C.
- Make / MakerFaire - Dave C., Ian C.
- Orlando Nerds and Geeks - Ted W.
- EventBrite - Dave C., Ian C., Mack H. (We can create a class / event as needed - even if free...)
- Monthly class planning - Dave C., Ian C., Mack H., Bill R.
- Cloudspace Host - Dan L.
- Updating the Public Classes & Events page on the website - Ian C.
- Class & Event Promotional Reminder to list - Ian C.
New Member Welcome - Ian C., Aaron C.
- Send a welcome email - with a link to the New Member Orientation Info
- Provide overview of resources New Member Orientation Info updated
- Make sure they get a key
- Check up on them periodically til they start interacting with the group
- Basically, make them feel welcome!
Other: Adafruit Hackerspace discount ordering - Dave C. Acrylic Scrap Pickup - Ian C.
- Laird Plastics - Every 2 or 3 weeks - Joel (manager) is the contact - Prefers (1pm to 3pm)
Equipment and Tool Maintenance:
- Laser - Now interviewing
- Servers - Kyle W.
- PBX - Mack H.
- Lab Network - Kyle W., Mack H.
- List of required equipment - Mike K.
Items that need Volunteers
Many of these things are done today, but it would be nice to spread the load around / have backups...
Monthly Open House "Host"
- Communicate with RSVPs
- Buy cookies, drinks (soda / water / gatorade), ice (with approved budget / reimbursement)
- Buy nametags, get people to wear them (with approved budget / reimbursement)
- Greet people, make sure they know where the bathroom is, etc.
- Better define what we will or will not accept
- Work with agencies that take PC donations to keep our Lab clean
- Ensure proper disposal of excess Lab items
- Create list of items we want to have donated
- Work with local suppliers that have agreed to donate scrap, etc
Workshop / Class Host - Anyone can lead a workshop or class - Please volunteer - we will help you get started!