This page is in active development...
Todo: Convert names over to wiki user pages...
PREAMBLE GOES HERE with Do-ocracy overview and link...
- 1 Corporation Duties
- 2 Volunteer / Do-acracy Duties
- 3 Items that need Volunteers
President: Daniel Robert Lewis
- List Responsibilities
Vice President: Daniel Burroughs
- List Responsibilities
Treasurer: Ian Cole (Digitalman2112)
- Landlord Relationship
- Monthly Financial Summary
- Maintenance of Member List
- Class Supplies Inventory (kits, etc.)
- Bank Account management
- Payment of Bills
- Reimbursement of Expenses
Secretary: Mack Hooper (Mack)
- Monthly Meeting
- Annual Meeting
- Annual Corporate Filing
- Maintenance of P.O. Box
Volunteer / Do-acracy Duties
- Wordpress Administration - Mack H. (Mack), Bill R. (Abyssknight)
- Wordpress Content - Ian C. (Digitalman2112), Bill R. (Abyssknight) - All members are encouraged to submit blog content - we will excerpt your blog, or write blog entries for you, or if you are interested, you can submit directly once we show you the nuances of our wordpress template...
- Website Contact Form Submissions - Mack H. (Mack), Ian C. (Digitalman2112), Bill R. (Abyssknight), Aaron C. (Wilycoldcuts)
- Web Server Administration - Mack H. (Mack)
- Wiki Admin (Accounts) - Chris P. (Chorca) - Members, email me for Wiki access with your desired username and email you want to register with. A password will be mailed to you. Mack can create accounts as well.
- Wiki Editing - All Members - get an account and help improve it...
- Admin / Moderation - Mack H. (Mack)
- Twitter - Ian C. (Digitalman2112), Bill R. (Abyssknight) (Please make sure that FamiLAB is following you, and please retweet about events, classes, etc.)
- Linked In Group - Mack H. (Mack), Ian C. (Digitalman2112) (Please join it...and post if you will be attending events, etc.)
- Facebook - Dan resurrected it - get over there and "Like" it!
- Google+ - Mack (f00bard)
Promotion on other websites / communities
- Reddit - Bill R (Abyssknight), Anthony M.
- Florida Creatives - Dave C. (Da3v)
- DEFCON / DC407 - Bill R. (Abyssknight)
- Radio Shack - Ian C. (Digitalman2112)
- Make / MakerFaire - Dave C. (Da3v), Ian C. (Digitalman2112)
- Orlando Nerds and Geeks - Ted W.
- EventBrite - Dave C. (Da3v), Ian C. (Digitalman2112), Mack H. (Mack) -- We can create a class / event as needed - even if free...
- Monthly class planning - Dave C. (Da3v), Ian C. (Digitalman2112), Mack H. (Mack), Bill R. (Abyssknight)
- Cloudspace Host - Dan L.
- Updating the Public Classes & Events page on the website - Ian C. (Digitalman2112)
- Class & Event Promotional Reminder to list - Ian C. (Digitalman2112)
New Member Welcome
- Send a welcome email - with a link to the New Member Orientation Info
- Provide overview of resources New Member Orientation Info updated
- Make sure they get a key
- Check up on them periodically until they start interacting with the group
- Basically, make them feel welcome!
Monthly Open House "Host"
- Communicate with RSVPs
- Buy cookies, drinks (soda / water / gatorade), ice (with approved budget / reimbursement)
- Buy nametags, get people to wear them (with approved budget / reimbursement)
- Greet people, make sure they know where the bathroom is, etc.
- Adafruit Hackerspace discount ordering - Dave C. (Da3v)
- Acrylic Scrap Pickup - Ian C. (Digitalman2112) - Laird Plastics - Every 2 or 3 weeks - Joel (manager) is the contact - Prefers 1pm to 3pm
Equipment and Tool Maintenance:
- Laser - Now interviewing
- Servers - Kyle W. (Omegatotal)
- PBX - Chris P. (Chorca), Mack H. (Mack)
- Lab Network - Kyle W. (Omegatotal), Mack H. (Mack)
- List of required equipment - Mike K.
Lab Access Control
- See Mack for a keycard or for alterations to access control system
Items that need Volunteers
Many of these things are done today, but it would be nice to spread the load around / have backups...
- Better define what we will or will not accept
- Work with agencies that take PC donations to keep our Lab clean
- Ensure proper disposal of excess Lab items
- Create list of items we want to have donated
- Work with local suppliers that have agreed to donate scrap, etc
Workshop / Class Host
- Anyone can lead a workshop or class - Please volunteer - we will help you get started!
- Track consumables, order as necessary - Ted W. (waterbury)
- Bathroom supplies
- Kitchen supplies
- Shop consumables we've agreed to pool costs on