Difference between revisions of "Recumbent Energy"
m (1 revision: Bringing in the good)
Latest revision as of 18:38, 18 August 2011
Usually when profit-seeking entities decide they want or need something, they believe the way to acquire it is to pay for it with money and the depletion of resources, instead of thinking systemically. There are ways to design systems to be more resourceful and thrifty, as opposed to consuming. It's a trait of good design to interconnect your inputs and outputs. It's a hallmark of a Good Thing.
If we get some good/interested recumbent electric generation and storage, we will get press, might get funding, could get a lower power bill, or could sell electricity back to the grid (or our landlords or something) to pay for rent.
Forms of Energy
Energy is measured in units of Joules, Calories, foot-pound force, BTUs, horsepower, kilowatt-hours, and electron-volts. As long as you can come with an equation to relate some thing in your system so it's units wind up as Joules, you can call it recumbent energy.
Neural Networks have an Energy function that describes how volatile/stable the network is.
The beauty of recumbent energy is that, at least in physical examples, there is likely some way to transduce your waste energy into electric energy and store it for later use.
- recumbent bicycles
- recumbent automotive brakes
- recumbent energy from heat generated by servers
- recumbent energy gathered from shoes
- recumbent brain power moving electric trains
- Solar Power
- recumbent caffeine-induced leg shaking to charge batteries
- recumbent rainfall
- surf tides
- recumbent key strokes
- recumbent door opening
- recumbent weight shifting
- a big moving platform on a beam, it doesnt have to move much, you just need those all-important gear ratios to translate 500 lbs of force moving a platform 2cm into 5kwh of energy.
- and in that regard, recumbent room rearranging
- recumbent Isaac chair-rocking
- recumbent page-turning
- recumbent punching bags