ACTIVELY BUILDING THIS PAGE FROM A COPY OF THE BREEPBROOP PAGE, WORK IN PROGRESS
Pic goes here
Link to raising geeks goes here
It was purchased and built by Ian (Digitalman2112) between April and June of 2011.
Warning, I make mistakes, and sometimes the mistakes stay in the photos - don't use these as your only reference :)
- RAMPS v1.2
- Fan for Polulu - 40mm(?) from Skycraft
- Arduino Mega 2560
- Power Supply - Sunpower Model FDPS-240A 12v 20A power supply
- Makergear Prusa Mendel Hybrid Kit
- Makergear stepper extruder
- 0.9 degree steppers on X & Y (with shafts flattened for pulley set screws)
- 1.8 degree steppers on Z (qty 2)
- Swapped out ceramic heater (kept breaking them) for Resistor Block
- .35 nozzle
- Moved X endstop so that origin (0,0) is front left (with Y stepper at the BACK)
Ian (user link) is currently using the following:
- Pronterface with SFACT
- 10/2/2011 CURRENT SCREENSHOT OF SETTINGS
The printer is NOW printing. It needs better calibration, but it is close.
This is the TODO or In-progress list...
- Get the fan on the polulus mounted & connected to always be on
- Build a RAMPS case
- Clean up stepper wiring, and add some nice disconnects...
- Add a print cooling fan?
- Speed up python?
- Turn on & off fan in D9 with M106
- Calibrating SFACT - DO THIS
- Spent lots of time getting bind out of the Y & Z - this is why the Polulus needed so much current, and why they were overheating...