Personal Work Carts
From FamiLAB Wiki
Revision as of 13:14, 3 December 2011 by Digitalman2112 (Created page with "The idea of allowing members to bring in personal work carts to use as a portable work bench/secure storage has been generally well received. We should define some ground rules. ...")
The idea of allowing members to bring in personal work carts to use as a portable work bench/secure storage has been generally well received. We should define some ground rules.
- Members must bring in their own cart. The lab will not be responsible for supplying or maintaining the carts.
- Cart restrictions by membership level (Matt: These are just my thoughts, final rules would obviously need to be approved by member vote)
- Thinker Level: No cart or locker. However, we may be able to do something similar by providing a small wall of bins that would allow these members some personal storage for small/light items (electronics parts, fabric/sewing supplies, etc...)
- Maker Level: Choose between bringing in a cart OR use of a locker.
- Booster Level: May bring a cart AND use a locker.
- Members may bring in a store-bought cart or build their own.
- DIY carts can be made of any material (wood, metal, plastic, PVC pipe, etc...) as long as they meet the size requirements, have caster wheels and are structurally safe
- We should design a set of "standard" plans that new members can use as a starting point and either build as-is or modify as required.
- Bonus points and
- Need to define maximum dimensions
- Clearly something like this is TOO big Link.
- Matt proposes a nice round 2' x 3' maximum footprint
- Height will be more difficult to standardize for store-bought units as they will vary.
- Some examples at various prices