From FamiLAB Wiki
FamiLAB 10x is the working name of our new space! The name stems from the fact that it's 10 times the size of our current space.
We'll get together to agree on a set of rules for the new space. For the time being, please adhere to the following:
- No modification of walls, electrics, plumbing, etc. until we have a process in place. We need to build consensus on any changes.
- We have to run modifications by the landlord (who is also a member). Please direct communications with the landlord through a board member. We'll have a lot of requests early on while we move in, so lets funnel it through one person.
- During the move, we are only bringing in what is in the existing space. Anything above and beyond that should be agreed to by the membership. Ten times more space doesn't mean ten times the junk.
- Don't "claim" space. Again, we need to come up with a process to balance personal property with the needs of the space, and get everyone to agree on it.
- Don't fill up the dumpster at the current space.
Utilities / Services
- See Treasurer (Ian) for details / questions
- Dumpster (Locking) - 2 cubic yard dumpster, every other week pickup, $35 per month starting Dec 1st.
- Liability Insurance - $1M policy, effective Dec 1st
- Progress Energy, cutover scheduled for Dec 1st. PLEASE CONSERVE POWER - THIS IS OUR LARGEST MONTHLY FINANCIAL RISK!
Stuff to purchase
- Folding chairs + rack to store/move them
- Banquet tables
- Full size refrigerator
- Parts Storage: Extreme Makeover Lab Edition
- Raw materials rack (for plywood, acrylic, etc)
- Railing or similar preventative measure for dock high area
- Short throw projector for classroom area
Potential Zones of Workspace
- "Store Front" for visitors and first impressions
- Classroom & Presentation room
- "Think Lab" for coworking and basic hand tool use
- "Make Lab" for high end equipment
- Soft hacking area (sewing machines, kiln, etc)
- Soldering & Rework area
- 3d printer village
- Stage for famiband & DJ booth
- Any electrics must be up to code. In conduit at a minimum.
- 3 phase available, not in our panel.
- Dave Woods has an electrician.
- Microwave, Toaster
- Outlets (GFCI)