FamiLAB is Central Florida’s provider of space, tools, and community for creative technical learning and projects. If you are looking for a great place to meet like-minded people, learn, collaborate on projects, and have access to great tools, FamiLAB is the place for you!
FamiLAB’s mission is to promote the sharing of knowledge through the creation of safe and fun spaces to learn. These physical and virtual spaces contain the tools, materials, and expertise that rapidly accelerate learning but are not normally accessible to the general public.
FamiLAB welcomes makers, artists, thinkers, hackers, crafters, and everyone else – come wield your imagination in any (legal and ethical) way you see fit. Think of FamiLAB as a club for geeks! Whether you are an art geek, hardware geek, photography geek, code geek, lab geek, or any geek in between–we would like you to join us at the lab and teach a class, lead a lecture, or simply work on a project while surrounded by awesome people. If you can think of it, come build and share it at the lab.
Following the philosophies of the worldwide Hackerspace movement, FamiLAB seeks to be a diverse community where people of various backgrounds can come together to teach and learn. We provide a space, tools, and a community of geeks for you to utilize. Our current tools include hand tools, basic power tools, soldering stations, 3D printers, a laser cutter, and more!. Interests among current members range from abstract mathematics to microcontrollers, iPhone and Android application programming, Arduino design and coding, PCB design, FPGA design, Quadracopters, etc. We’re always looking for new people to collaborate on current projects or bring new projects to the table.
To become a FamiLAB member, see our Membership information page.
If you are already a FamiLAB member, then PLEASE get a wiki account (instructions on the New Member Orientation Info page, create your user page, and share your knowledge!!
- We've migrated mailing lists to a forum. Check it out at forums.familab.org
- RFID system access control is up and running! Members, please see Mack for a card.
- We've moved to a _much_ bigger space!! FamiLAB_10x
- We've made major updates to the website - check it out at www.familab.org
- We are launching the FamiLAB YoungMakers program - check it out at youngmakers.familab.org
- We have approved Revenue Sharing for classes / workshops. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. We need more classes & workshops - they can be small or large - and we will provide administrative assistance.
- Documenting various things is a project in itself! Here is a list of documentation projects
- FamiLAB 10x - Our New Space!!!
- Classroom buildout at the new space
- Quadcopter build
- Server Consolidation project
- Famicam v2 project
- Cool Exciting Projects - (Out of date)
- Screen Printing for Lab
- FamiLAB Blog
- @FamiLAB on Twitter
- @Famduino - FamiLAB WebCam Image Links
- #familab (General Discussion) on FreeNode IRC
- FamiLAB social network on FriendFeed
- #famiruby -- (Ruby Development Discussion) on FreeNode IRC
- Mailing List
- FamiLAB's Forums
- Google+ - Most of our members are active on Google+ - once you get to know us, make sure you get connected...
- Google Photos (PicasaWeb) Pics tagged "FamiLAB"
- Flickr Pics tagged "FamiLAB"
- Running FamiLAB - Roles & Responsibilities, Opportunities to Get Involved
- What Can (and Can't) I Do At FamiLAB
- How to: Classes, Workshops and Events
- 3D Printing
- Lab Tools
- Laser Cutter Information
- Checking items out of the lab
- Focus and guidance
- Dream Equipment
- List of FamiLAB Google Docs
- FamiLAB Shopping List
- Contributing to the FamiLAB Blog - PLEASE DO!
- Projects In Progress
- Active Member List
- New Member Orientation Info - New Members - Start Here!
- Map of Important FamiLAB Locations
- Food Guide
- Local Vender (Materials)
- Arduino Class
- MORE IO with Arduino
- Ham Materials
- Workshop and Class Ideas
Community Workshops, Events, Challenges
- TEDxOrlando Annual Event - November 5th, 2011
- Venture Lounge 2011 - October 18th, 2011
- AT&T Mobile App Hackathon at TechVenture 2011 - December 5th, 2011
- Startup Weekend - Date is TBD
- FIRST Orlando regionals March 8-10, 2012
- Orlando Mini Maker Faire