Cool Exciting Projects
From FamiLAB Wiki
A list of projects and project ideas that we find exceptionally cool and exciting.
(It hasn't been updated in some time - so many of these have been done - and we have plenty of new ideas...)
- Simple Website
- Decontamination Chamber
- CVS/SVN server (input? ive never used these systems before to be honest **tetsu)
- Just used for revision control for source code, would be a good way to collaborate on software.
- Maybe Git?
- game console area: chairs, tv, cabinet, game storage
- xbox linux
- nice cheap steel shelves with particleboard shelves. shelves of some kind. cheap shelves to store things before we're awesome.
- cool idea database
- Commercial shelves = pricy, but can be broken down and reassembled quickly, are robust.
- second hand, could be cheap. $70 for a decent 4' x 6' x 2' shelves from Home Depot.
- coffee dispensery
- pallets of Yerba Mate, Jolt, and Bawls
- CCD webcams everywhere, recording software, central storage, ease of video logging, streaming
- IP cameras? That way we can view what's going on anytime! -- Nuno
- make posters and network maps of stuff
- everyone loves the Internet Maps. there's a lot of cool stuff to map, and GraphViz can do all the work for us.
- a few hours collecting data, 15 minutes processing it, and however long it takes a print shop to print it
- Homebrew security system for the space
- DIY vapor-transmitted caffeine for e-cigarettes
- Telepresence Wall
- Database Mirroring
- workstation/project webcam autouploader project
- (D) I will figure out how to get button events to trigger a shellscript to grab the webcam frame, maybe video, and autoupload it to wherever it goes. Also hunt for webcams.
- Is there some way to decrease the machine-readability of license plates without making them any less human-readable?
- Warzone / Hostile Network
- Warzone network radio station
- RepRap self-replicating rapid prototyping machine
- video gaming - any consoles we can find, emulation.
- I have an emulation program w/all SNES games (~4GB or so), but no controller...I'm sure I can find controllers on ebay or something. Is this what we're looking for? - Nuno
- I have an Xbox or two to donate, one already modded with X3 chip - M
- I have an NES, SNES, Dreamcast I can donate - M
- graphviz project association map
- electronic whiteboard (webcammed, interact with drawings)
- oh my god. OCR whiteboard, write code on whiteboard, see actual code run. make common functions so you can just write "turn_off_lights()", or "lightswitch_rave()"
- blog to verify scientific claims - which soda has most caffeine, composition of e-liquid, etc
- Giant LED (+diffuser lens) programmable matrix. Cover an entire wall. Have fun programming cool stuff to go on it.
- elaborate on project details?
- what about ALL walls are programmable LED matrices :O
- metalab made an led wall - [Blinkenwall]
- interactive blinkenwall - switches/touch? Welcome to the FUTURE!
- Float Conference/Hackathon Or Something?
- Ephemerisle Floating Festival
- We are in Florida :), plenty of beach access. How many miles till international water? ;p
- Lego robotics project with webcam to work on systems on benches to be
- Electric Car
- Recumbent Energy