Zen 7x7 CNC Mini Mill
The Zen 7x7 CNC Mini Mill is a Zen Toolworks 7×7 F8 CNC Milling Machine, which is a small CNC machine used for milling, engraving, carving, inlay work, pcb manufacturing, 3D printing, and much more. It is located at the Electronics Bench.
Specifications (for the base Zen machine)
- Lead Screws: Stainless-steel precision Acme-thread leadscrews with anti-backlash nuts (for X, Y & Z); F8 (8mm for each rotation).
- Cutting Capacity: 7” x 7” x 5”
- Clearance Under Z-Axis: approximately 1.5”
- Stepper Motors: NEMA 17 stepper motors with dual shaft. (easily add hand wheels for manual operation, not included)
- Frame: PVC frame with stainless steel components.
- Max Recommended Feed Rate with F8 Lead Screws: 1200 mm/min
- Resolution: 0.001 – 0.002 inches
- Footprint: 20” x 17” x 17” (X,Y,Z)
- Limit and E-Stop Switch Set (optional)
Rumor has it that the Mill controller is an Arduino that runs grbl software. The controlling computer typically ran Chili Peppr software.
Experts and References
- This position is currently open.