This page will be for information for a team of members who are dedicated to a movement lead by LloydBlack. This team is for updating, removing and creating wiki pages to bring the FamiLAB Wiki to a state where there is more up to date information available.
Currently, there aren't any Wiki Team members at the time of making this page. However, the plan is to have a dedicated small team of members who will get the process going to update the FamiLAB wiki to make it a more relevant with information that reflects FamiLAB's current status.
When/If the VisualEditor is added to our wiki, it may increase the number of members who will be able to contribute to the wiki. However, it might not change the nature of the Wiki Team as it would be nice to keep a core of dedicated editors who are willing to get the majority of primary work done.
- The team will be lead by Lloyd Black, the current Wiki Project Manager.
- The team will be small, most likely a total of three primary members.
- Other members will be in the team depending on project requirements and how many volunteers are available.
- Official team meetings would be ideally be held once a month in the classroom to discuss progress and ideas for wiki pages, removal of old useless pages, and other necessary information that needs to be shared.
- There is an official Wiki Team Slack channel for reliable communication between Wiki Team members so progress, project assignments and related information can be shared.
- The Slack channel is "wiki-team" but it is invite only so that the primary team members can communicate on projects without extra unnecessary chatter that often clutters many other channels.
- Other members will be welcome provided they contribute to the wiki in a constructive manner and don't turn the channel into a general chat channel.
- Wiki Team members do not require Lloyd Black to take on project assignments. FamiLAB is a do-acracy, if there's something that needs to be done, it should be done by the person who sees something needs to be completed.
- However, an opinion of a project that's being worked on could be useful in some instances, which is where it would be a good idea to get an objective view from another team member.
- If a member wishes to become a wiki editor, please contact Lloyd Black to get an editor account.
- Lloyd Black may be contacted on Slack @lloyd.black or via email email@example.com
- Please be prepared to create and give a username, password, and valid email for wiki login information.
Wiki Markup Help Pages
This list of Wiki Markup Help pages is for anyone who wishes to work on the FamiLAB wiki. It's not just for the Wiki Team. It's presented as a quick reference resource so editors can work on the wiki with better productivity.
Basic Markup Help Pages
- Cheatsheet - Basic Markup Formatting
- WikiText - Markup Syntax Information
- Text Formatting
- Editor Handbook - Quick Listing of Many Help Pages