Welcome To FamiLAB 3D Printed Keyfob
Note: This page is a work in progress, and still needs a lot of work. Feel free to do some!
Let's start with an easily customized keyring from thingiverse. Ideally we would like one that is easily customized and has a familogo. Maybe you can help with that? This design is a start for now:
Steps to make one:
- From one of the computers in the fablab: (Needed for Simplify3d)
- go to http://www.thingiverse.com/apps/customizer/run?thing_id=1637496
- Type in your slack handle
- Not on slack? How sad! Fix that: familab.org/slack
- Go to my queue
- Go to thing files
- Download the .stl file
- We encourage you to create a dropbox share and store your crap files there.
- steps for sharing a dropbox folder with yourself:
- go to organized files
- create share
- send dropbox invite to your email address
- Move the downloaded file to your shiny new dropbox folder
- open your file in simplify3d
- right click, open with...
- choose idiot proof config for PLA (note: we need to make it really idiot proof)
- Save file to your dropbox folder
- Open browser and navigate to octopi.local (specify machine here)
- upload your file (you can drag it on to the left half of the octopi page)
- verify that you have "for lab use filamant" loaded. If not, see wiki page on changing filament without breaking the printer
- Let cool
- Print a second one to display on the wall
- Take a picture of the thing you made and brag on social media. Do not skip this step, It is a huge help when you do so!
- Hang the second one on the wall
- Make sure the printer is cooling down
- Make sure the print surface is clean. Put scrap in the trash can. Empty the trashcan if it is more than half full or stinky.
- Go find someone and teach them how to do this!
- Same Project using Fusion360
- Add a duplicate item step above