From FamiLAB Wiki
(Redirected from User:Lloyd Black)
|Facebook:||lloydblack999 (Profile set to 'Friends Only' and I don't accept new friends easily.)|
- I try to keep my Facebook friends list genuine. I don't just add people for higher numbers.
- I need to know the person and/or have significant reasons to keep the person on the list.
- If you friend request me, be prepared to be ignored. I need to really know you first and that takes time.
- So, understand it's not personal, well, it is but no harm is meant by it. It just means I don't know you.
- Wiki Related
- Wiki Admin (one of a several)
- Wiki Project Manager
- See Wiki Wine Wednesdays for more details on updating the wiki.
- Some clarification about my role with updating the FamiLAB wiki and what the wiki is:
- My role as a "Wiki Project Manager" is not to run the wiki alone but to guide and encourage it's updating with continued contributions with other editors.
- I do not control the wiki, I merely update it in collaboration with other admins and editors.
- The wiki is a community resource that is a collection of useful information about FamiLAB and it's members who opt to provide their information.
- I encourage anyone wishing to contribute to the wiki to contact an admin (including me) for a wiki account.
- You may contact me via Slack and DM me your info I need to create your account. Please DM me first, I will then ask you the necessary questions at that time.
- Theater Discussion Night:
- This event is held on the 2nd and 4th Fridays of every month in the classroom. Please see the FamiLAB calendar to see exact dates.
- My role with this event is to manage the event by selecting the movies to be shown and show the movies in the classroom using the projector.
- The wiki page for this event is Theater Discussion Night and that page is entirely maintained by myself.
- There's also a Slack channel for this event, #theater_discussion. You may contact Lloyd on that channel regarding the event and even suggest a movie.
- The event is educational and is for the viewing of select movies and discuss the movie afterward.
- The movies are selected by me and not voted on. People may request movies though and the movies are added to a list which is also featured on the wiki page.
- If a specific movie is desired please contact lloyd.black on Slack. No promises can be made but it will be considered.
- My desire to operate this event is comes from my appreciation of movies in general. I don't consider myself to be a big movie buff, because there are people who know way more than I do.
- However, my desire to know about movies lead me to go to college for "Film and Video Production".
- That's where I spent two years and honestly didn't get a degree, but was able to get the equivalent education of an associates of the arts.
- Making "Half-Life 2" single-player custom maps. If anyone else enjoys "Half-Life 2" and wants to talk about custom maps let me know.
- Working on the FamiLAB wiki. Yes, it's a hobby for me since I enjoy working on it.
- Collecting movies, which goes with my events here: Theater Discussion Night
- Running the Theater Discussion Night is also a hobby for me because it's a fun event.
- Collecting hats, I have over 30 so far.
Favorite movie quote: "We must all go through a rite of passage, and it must be physical, it must be painful, and it must leave a mark." - Captain Howdy from "Strangeland"
- "I want to have a social life but I hate people."
- "Complaining about a problem without proposing a solution is called whining."
- "Creativity is intelligence having fun" - Einstein
- "Anti-social behavior is a trait of intelligence in a world full of conformists." - Nikola Tesla
- Instead of "single" as a marital status, I prefer "Independently owned and operated".
- "Common sense is not a gift, it's a punishment, because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it."
- "I don't judge people based on color, race, religion, sexuality, gender, ability or size. I base it on whether or not they're an asshole."
- "I'm not mean. I'm blunt. Which means I will tell you the clear difference between a bit naive and incredibly fucking stupid."
- "Honesty is the best policy, but insanity is the best defense."
- "If you have a problem with me, please write it nicely on a piece of paper, put it in an envelope, fold it up, and shove it up your ass."
- "Chances are if it's tasteless and inappropriate I will think it's totally hilarious."
- "If silence is golden shouldn't duct tape be gold instead of silver?"
- "I have no special talents, I'm just passionately curious."
- "I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance."
- "Once upon a time, I actually gave a fuck, well that's not today."
- "I'm the kind of friend who will help you hide a dead body, but if you betray me, just remember, I know how to hide a dead body."
- "Confidence isn't walking into a room with your nose in the air and thinking you're better than everyone else, it's walking into a room and not having to compare yourself to anyone else in the first place."
- "I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand."
- "Never apologize for saying what you feel. That's like saying sorry for being real."
- "I see dead people. Well, technically they are stupid people, but give me a few minutes."
- "Vegetarian" is an old indian word for bad hunter.
- "Going to the gym to relieve stress is not nearly as effective as burying the person who caused it in the first place."
- "They say revenge is a dish best served cold. They also say that revenge is sweet. So, basically, revenge is ice cream."
- Appreciates animals, especially cats.
- Is the 'parent' (not owner) of a cat named Jack (named after Jack Nicholson). I don't believe people should "own" a pet.
- We merely care for them as guardians and adoptive parents to give them high quality of life.
- My cat "Jack", linked image is 600x660px. He's the other part of my mental illness treatment program. Five minutes of holding him is worth 800mgs of my main medication and works faster.
- Individualistic by nature. I don't lead or follow.
- Loves Halloween and B-movie horror movies, even the cheap ones because they're funnier than being scary.
- I'm an introvert, but I still socialize.
- I believe in myself. I don't need to believe in another person or being.
- Smokes too much (cigarettes and cigars).
- Seriously hates the sun.
- Hates the color blue. Loves red, black and dark greys.
- Owns a reusable body bag, for those rare occasions.
- Collects hats (30 hats so far).
- Collects skulls (donations accepted)
- Personal belief system consists of an odd combination of Pantheism and LaVeyan Satanism.
- Believes in a balance of dark and light in life generally and personally. Dark doesn't mean evil, it's just not part of the light which most people live in.
- I will be opening a video production company somewhere in 2018. It will not be a 'for hire' company. It will be for producing specialty videos of mostly an adult nature.
- Just to be honest, I do suffer from a mental illness called "schizoaffective disorder depressive type" which is fairly well managed with medication.