From FamiLAB Wiki
(Redirected from User:Lloyd Black)
|Cell:||321-220-4013 - (Feel free to text me if you need. I can't promise I'll answer voice calls though. If you need to talk to me, please text me first.)|
|Facebook:||Lloyd Black (My page is set to friends only viewing in case you wonder why it looks bare. Also, I'm highly selective about granting friend requests.)|
|Prefers to be called:||Lloyd|
|Location:||Winter Springs, FL, USA - (I'm off of 434. So, I'm very close to the lab if I'm needed. Call or text me when in need.)|
|Hometown:||Butler, NJ, USA|
|Belief System:||Pantheism - (However, I respect everyone's religion. Also, I've been an ordained minister since 2000.)|
|Occupation:||Permanently disabled, unfortunately|
|Marital Status:||Single, not looking|
|Favorite Activities:||Going to Walt Disney World, going to and walking through malls, buying stuff on Amazon.com, driving, watching movies, spending time at FamiLAB with cool members.|
|Pet:||Cat - Name: Jack (Was a feral kitten, saved him from going to animal control. Now, he's a wonderful, intelligent, affectionate cat who get's spoiled.)|
Favorite websites and software listing websites: Do I know of some good sites? Yes.
- FamiLAB Calendar (The best place to keep up to date on FamiLAB's events.)
- Ubuntu - The leading linux OS for PC, tablet, phone and cloud.
- Wikipedia (User maintained online encyclopedia.)
- Youtube (Huge selection of online videos about anything you can think of.)
- Amazon.com (My favorite place to spend money.)
- SnapFiles.com (Software reviews for MS-Windows freeware and shareware. They pre-check the software for viruses and malware then test and review the software.)
- SnapFiles.com: Free version of Photoshop CS2 (v.9) This is a legit free version of Photoshop. Adobe is offering it free because it's old, from 2005. However, for those who don't need the latest version, this is a great version with lots of great features and works fantastic with drawing tablets like Wacom tablets.
- IMDb (Internet Movie Database)
- mIRC - Great MS-Windows IRC chat application - shareware $20 registration
- Netflix (The best movie rental and streaming service in my opinion.)
- Hulu (Fantastic media streaming service with movies and TV shows.)
- Slack - The software FamiLAB users utilize to stay connected with each other.
- TinkerCAD - Simple, online 3D design and 3D printing app for everyone.
- Simplify3D - Highly recommended 3D Printing slicing software.
- Learning something new every day.
- Making basic game levels for Half-Life 2 for personal use.
- Image editing using Photoshop and a Wacom tablet.
- Collecting and watching movies.
- Occasionally customizing existing products to re-purpose them and/or change their appearance.
- Collecting hats (26 caps currently, and counting).
- Occasionally involved in the paranormal community. (I attend the PIA (Paranormal Information Association) conference annually. It's not a convention, it's a closed conference.)
|Meetup.com Groups:||(What meetup.com is about.)|
|Organizer:||Orlando Nerds and Geeks Meetup|
Some favorite sayings:
- I want to have a social life but I hate people.
- Instead of "single" as a marital status, I prefer "Independently owned and operated".
- I don't judge people based on color, race, religion, sexuality, gender, ability or size. I base it on whether or not they're an asshole.
- I'm not mean. I'm blunt. Which means I will tell you the clear difference between a bit naive and incredibly fucking stupid.
- Honesty is the best policy, but insanity is the best defense.
- If you have a problem with me, please write it nicely on a piece of paper, put it in an envelope, fold it up, and shove it up your ass.
- Chances are if it's tasteless and inappropriate I will think it's totally hilarious.
- If silence is golden shouldn't duct tape be gold instead of silver?
- I have no special talents, I'm just passionately curious.
- I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance.
- Once upon a time, I actually gave a fuck, well that's not today.
- I'm the kind of friend who will help you hide a dead body, but if you betray me, just remember, I know how to hide a dead body.
- Confidence isn't walking into a room with your nose in the air and thinking you're better than everyone else, it's walking into a room and not having to compare yourself to anyone else in the first place.
- I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.
- Never apologize for saying what you feel. That's like saying sorry for being real.