|Facebook:||lloydblack999 (Profile set to 'Friends Only' and I don't accept new friends easily.)|
My FamiLAB Status
- Booster Member
- Ops Team Member
- Wiki Project Manager
- FamiLAB Newsletter Editor-in-Chief (Newsletter coming soon)
- Theater Discussion Night (TDN) Co-Founder and Event Host
- Booster Member
- Being a Booster member simply means I pay $100 per month instead of $50, I'm able to sponsor a Maker level member or donate the extra money to other funds, and I'm allowed to use a second member storage bin in the warehouse.
- I've opted to donate the extra money to general funds. That gets distributed to where it needs to go like rent and electricity.
- Ops Team Member
- As an Ops Team Member I volunteer to handle different tasks to help maintain the lab, do some supply shopping, do some correspondence and other tasks to keep the lab running as efficiently as possible with other team members.
- I do take pride in helping the lab. It's something I enjoy even if it's taking out the garbage. The lab is a great place to meet incredible people and share information with people who also have a lot to share.
- I'm also the one who empties the cigarette butt disposal bucket outside next to the stairs. I'm the one who bought the disposal bucket so I agreed to be the one to empty it as well.
- Wiki Project Manager
- Wiki Admin (one of a several)
- As the Wiki Project Manager, I simply guide and encourage it's updating with continued collaborations and contributions with other editors.
- To clarify any misunderstandings, I do not control the FamiLAB wiki. I'm simply tasked to help it become a better resource for everyone to use.
- I also create, delete and update many pages that aren't handled by others.
- I'm aiming to create and manage a "Wiki Team" who will assist in updating the wiki to make the wiki a more current and useful resource for all FamiLAB members.
- If you have content you'd like to see on the wiki but don't know how to add it or don't know how to use the wiki markup language just contact me and we'll work things out.
- FamiLAB Newsletter Editor-in-Chief
- More information can be found at: FamiLAB Newsletter
- The idea is to bring the status of the lab to anyone who's interested. It will be in print and online.
- It will feature basic articles about the lab and bring other information to the members in an easy to read format.
- "Theater Discussion Night": - Co-Founder of "Theater Discussion Night" with Co-Founder Dustin Cox
- The origin of the event was an idea and discussion with Dustin Cox and myself for an event showing classic and 80's era Sci-Fi movies.
- The conclusion of the discussion ended with the formation of an event that everyone would enjoy featuring a selection of movies mostly consisting of sci-fi movies.
- As a result, I made the event a reality and still maintain the event which every member is invited to take a part of.
- The event includes a discussion where everyone involved may give their ideas about the movie.
- It also includes a question and answer section where I give questions and everyone gives their answers which is recorded to make the event "fair use".
- More information about these events here: Theater Discussion Night
- This event is held on the 2nd and 4th Fridays of every month in the classroom at 9PM (21:00).
- Please see the FamiLAB calendar to see exact dates of these events.
- FamiLAB Popcorn Machine
- Lloyd also owns and maintains the popcorn machine in the Laptop Bar.
- It was purchased for use within the FamiLAB facility only. It's not to be removed from FamiLAB without his permission.
- He retains ownership for repair and maintenance of the machine along with maintaining a protection plan in the event it breaks.
- More information will be posted soon regarding proper use of the machine with instruction for ease of use.
- The Popcorn machine wiki page is here: Popcorn Machine (the page is under construction)
These roles don't make me any better than anyone else. These are simply roles I choose to take in order to help FamiLAB be a better place for all members.
FamiLAB Slack Channels
The links provided here will redirect to the channels on the Slack desktop app or they will open the browser version of Slack.
- I created and manage the following Slack channels:
- #theater_discussion - Related to "Theater Discussion Night"
- #theater_spoilers - For discussion of movie spoilers.
- #theater_starwars - For the scheduling of "Star Wars Night" events.
- #theater_tv_media - For the discussion and scheduling of TV media events other than "Theater Discussion Night"
- #theater_westworld - For the scheduling of "Westworld Nights".
- These are some of my commonly used Slack channels:
- #announcements - General announcements channel, good to keep an eye on for all FamiLAB announcements.
- #events_and_classes - Where events and classes are generally announced.
- #familab-newsletter - For my FamiLAB newsletter where article ideas can be posted and other related info.
- #general-meta - General chat and information.
- #lab_ops_and_mgmt - A channel for members to contact the ops team and the board.
- #retrocomputing - A channel for discussion of retrocomputing.
- #theater_discussion - My channel for discussion of the Theater Discussion Night.
- #theater_westworld - My channel strictly for the scheduling of watching the HBO series "Westworld" at FamiLAB. Discussion about Westworld should be on #tv-hbo-westworld.
- #tv-hbo-westworld - A channel for the discussion of the HBO series "Westworld".
- #wiki-or-not - A channel for discussion of the wiki, what should be added, updated, and other information related to the wiki.
- Making "Half-Life 2" single-player custom maps. It's just a hobby since I don't know how to make professional maps and never wish to make it a real job.
- Working on the FamiLAB wiki. Yes, it's a hobby for me since I enjoy working on it.
- Collecting movies, which goes with my events here: Theater Discussion Night
- Running the Theater Discussion Night is also a hobby for me because it's a fun event.
- Collecting hats, I have over 30 so far.
Favorite movie quote: "We must all go through a rite of passage, and it must be physical, it must be painful, and it must leave a mark." - Captain Howdy from "Strangeland"
- "I want to have a social life but I hate people."
- "Complaining about a problem without proposing a solution is called whining."
- "Creativity is intelligence having fun" - Einstein
- "Anti-social behavior is a trait of intelligence in a world full of conformists." - Nikola Tesla
- Instead of "single" as a marital status, I prefer "Independently owned and operated".
- "Common sense is not a gift, it's a punishment, because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it."
- "I don't judge people based on color, race, religion, sexuality, gender, ability or size. I base it on whether or not they're an asshole."
- "I'm not mean. I'm blunt. Which means I will tell you the clear difference between a bit naive and incredibly fucking stupid."
- "Honesty is the best policy, but insanity is the best defense."
- "If you have a problem with me, please write it nicely on a piece of paper, put it in an envelope, fold it up, and shove it up your ass."
- "Chances are if it's tasteless and inappropriate I will think it's totally hilarious."
- "If silence is golden shouldn't duct tape be gold instead of silver?"
- "I have no special talents, I'm just passionately curious."
- "I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance."
- "Once upon a time, I actually gave a fuck, well that's not today."
- "I'm the kind of friend who will help you hide a dead body, but if you betray me, just remember, I know how to hide a dead body."
- "Confidence isn't walking into a room with your nose in the air and thinking you're better than everyone else, it's walking into a room and not having to compare yourself to anyone else in the first place."
- "I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand."
- "Never apologize for saying what you feel. That's like saying sorry for being real."
- "I see dead people. Well, technically they are stupid people, but give me a few minutes."
- "Vegetarian" is an old indian word for bad hunter.
- "Going to the gym to relieve stress is not nearly as effective as burying the person who caused it in the first place."
- "They say revenge is a dish best served cold. They also say that revenge is sweet. So, basically, revenge is ice cream."
- Appreciates animals, especially cats.
- Is the 'parent' (not owner) of a cat named Jack (named after Jack Nicholson). I don't believe people should "own" a pet.
- We merely care for them as guardians and adoptive parents to give them high quality of life.
- My cat "Jack", he's the other part of my mental illness treatment program. Five minutes of holding him is worth 800mgs of my main medication and works faster.
- Individualistic by nature. I don't lead or follow.
- Loves Halloween and B-movie horror movies, even the cheap ones because they're funny, not really scary at all.
- I'm an introvert, but I still socialize.
- Uses four 27" monitors at home on my desktop system. As it's not unusual to use multiple monitors, but I do feel it's necessary for productivity.
- I believe in myself. I don't need to believe in another person or being.
- Smokes too much (cigarettes and cigars).
- Seriously hates the sun because it's too damned hot and the light gives me headaches quickly.
- Hates the color blue and pastels. Loves red, black and dark greys.
- Owns a reusable body bag, for those rare occasions.
- Collects hats (30 hats so far).
- Collects skulls (donations accepted)
- Personal belief system consists of an odd combination of Pantheism and LaVeyan Satanism.
- Believes in a balance of dark and light in life generally and personally. Dark doesn't mean evil, it's just not part of the light which most people live in.
- Just to be honest, I do suffer from a mental illness called "schizoaffective disorder depressive type" which is fairly well managed with medication. However, I still have some bad days.