|Facebook:||lloydblack999 (Profile set to 'Friends Only')|
- Wiki Related
- Wiki Admin (one of a several)
- Wiki Project Manager (See Wiki Wine Wednesdays for more details on updating the wiki.)
- Some clarification about my role with updating the FamiLAB wiki and what the wiki is:
- My role as a "Wiki Project Manager" is not to run the wiki alone but to guide and encourage it's updating with continued contributions with other editors.
- I do not control the wiki, I merely update it in collaboration with other admins and editors.
- The wiki is a community resource that is a collection of useful information about FamiLAB and it's members who opt to provide their information.
- I encourage anyone wishing to contribute to the wiki to contact an admin for a wiki account.
- "Theater Discussion Night"
- Co-Founder of "Theater Discussion Night" which is held every second Friday at 9PM (21:00) of every month in the Classroom, unless otherwise specified.
- Co-Founder Dustin and I created this night for all adult members and adult guests of FamiLAB to appreciate a wide range of movies from many genres but mainly focusing on 80's sci-fi movies.
- FamiLAB Wiki Page: Theater Discussion Night
- "Sci-Fi Night" (Coming Soon)
- Sci-Fi Night will feature a combination of our favorite sci-fi fandoms including Star Wars, Star Trek and Stargate.
- This combination night was created to resolve the issues in having three separate nights featuring the separate themes.
- It was also done so I don't lose my mind trying to conduct the nights on their own.
- There will be a separate co-host for each of the different themed nights.
- Wiki page: Sci-Fi Night
- "Halloween Party 2018" (Unofficial Event at this time)
- This event is so far in the future the page is strictly a data dump for ideas and pre-planning at this time. After Orlando MakerFaire real planning may start.
- This page is just something for the planning for this event which may or may not actually happen. The page was created to start the planning and resource allocation.
- Pre-planning does take an entire year because of the size of the event that's being planned. So, contact Lloyd for additional information if you're interested.
- This was included here because it's something I'm working on. It will be a resource for helping others decide whether or not they're interested in being a part of it.
- People are welcome to become a part of the planning. It will be a rather intensive event and assistance is welcome as long as people agree to work on things my way.
- The page is disorganized mostly because it's really a data dumping page. It will be organized when things are more official and real planning has started.
- Wiki page: Halloween Party 2018
- Volunteers needed: Halloween Party 2018#Current_List_of_Volunteers
- Please contact Lloyd if you wish to volunteer for this future event.
- General Information
- Enjoys personally contributing time, energy and sometimes giving financial support for lab tools and specific events.
- I enjoy the friendships I've built through quality interactions with other members.
Favorite movie quote: "We must all go through a rite of passage, and it must be physical, it must be painful, and it must leave a mark." - Captain Howdy from "Strangeland"
- I want to have a social life but I hate people.
- Complaining about a problem without proposing a solution is called whining.
- "Creativity is intelligence having fun" - Einstein
- "Anti-social behavior is a trait of intelligence in a world full of conformists." - Nikola Tesla
- Instead of "single" as a marital status, I prefer "Independently owned and operated".
- Common sense is not a gift, it's a punishment, because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.
- I don't judge people based on color, race, religion, sexuality, gender, ability or size. I base it on whether or not they're an asshole.
- I'm not mean. I'm blunt. Which means I will tell you the clear difference between a bit naive and incredibly fucking stupid.
- Honesty is the best policy, but insanity is the best defense.
- If you have a problem with me, please write it nicely on a piece of paper, put it in an envelope, fold it up, and shove it up your ass.
- Chances are if it's tasteless and inappropriate I will think it's totally hilarious.
- If silence is golden shouldn't duct tape be gold instead of silver?
- I have no special talents, I'm just passionately curious.
- I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance.
- Once upon a time, I actually gave a fuck, well that's not today.
- I'm the kind of friend who will help you hide a dead body, but if you betray me, just remember, I know how to hide a dead body.
- Confidence isn't walking into a room with your nose in the air and thinking you're better than everyone else, it's walking into a room and not having to compare yourself to anyone else in the first place.
- I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.
- Never apologize for saying what you feel. That's like saying sorry for being real.
- I see dead people. Well, technically they are stupid people, but give me a few minutes.
- "Vegetarian" is an old indian word for bad hunter.
- Going to the gym to relieve stress is not nearly as effective as burying the person who caused it in the first place.
- They say revenge is a dish best served cold. They also say that revenge is sweet. So, basically, revenge is ice cream.
- Appreciates animals, especially cats.
- Is the 'parent' (not owner) of a cat named Jack (named after Jack Nicholson).
- Individualistic (by nature I don't lead or follow).
- Loves Halloween and B-movie horror movies, even the cheap ones because they're funnier than being scary.
- Member of "Stan Winston School of Character Arts"
- "Stan Winston School is the world's premiere online destination for learning the art & technology of character creation from Award-winning industry professionals."
- Is a serious introvert.
- I believe in myself. I don't need to believe in another person or being.
- Smokes too much (cigarettes and cigars).
- Seriously hates the sun.
- Hates the color blue. Loves red, black and dark greys.
- Owns a reusable body bag, for those rare occasions.
- Collects hats (30 hats so far).
- Collects skulls (donations accepted)
- Personal belief system consists of an odd combination of Pantheism and LaVeyan Satanism.
- Believes in a balance of dark and light in life generally and personally. Dark doesn't mean evil, it's just not part of the light which most people live in.
- Regarding the events I organize, "Theater Discussion Night" and the upcoming "Star Trek Night". (Star Trek Night's wiki page is under construction.)
- I'm a fan of all kinds of videos, movies, and some TV shows. Although, I think some aspects of TV shows are going to total shit. I do enjoy a wide range of movies though. Additionally, I went to college for "Film and Video Production" which left me with an appreciation of many movies and the ability to easily spot movies that are total fucking shit, although that's not hard to do. Anyway, the events I'm involved in are for the enjoyment of the videos and movies for everyone who attends. It's important to share entertaining video media to me so other people can appreciate and enjoy them as well. Often good movies can spark ideas and sometimes just leave the person with a good feeling about themselves or about life. That doesn't always happen but there's always the potential.
Fan of Disney World
- I have a "Disney Platinum Plus Pass" to Walt Disney World which includes:
- Access to all four theme parks: Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Disney Hollywood Studios and Animal Kingdom
- Two water parks: Blizzard Beach and Typhoon Lagoon
- Also, ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex and Disney’s Oak Trail Golf Course
- Up to 20% off on select dining and merchandise
- Free parking at the parks (I use handicap parking which is closer to the gate).
- No blackout dates
- So, I'm always up for a trip to Walt Disney World.
- Willing to carpool with a group using my car in handicap parking (usually closer to the gate). Being I'm willing to carpool to save people money nobody will have to pay to get there.
- I use DAS (Disability Access Service) at the parks because I can't stand long periods of time due to back problems and sometimes anxiety in crowds. DAS (which functions similar to a FastPass) gives my group and myself a return time so we don't have to stand in a long queue line even if FastPasses are all used up for that ride for the day. I mention this to benefit the people who choose to be with me.
Fan of Universal Studios Florida
- I have a "Premier Annual Pass" to "Universal Studios" and "Islands of Adventure"
- This annual pass has many benefits, which can be looked up on their website. I'm not going to list all of the benefits because there's just a lot.
- If anyone else has a pass to Universal and wishes to go, I'm willing to carpool in my car since I get decent parking because I park in the handicap parking area.
Regarding me going to theme parks, I don't have any bias towards either Disney or Universal. They're equally fun for me and I just don't care enough to prefer one over the other.