Talk:Theater Discussion Night
From FamiLAB Wiki
This Discussion page will be for recording the discussion aspect of the events.
- Lloyd Black conducts the event and will conduct the discussion session.
- Verbal discussion contribution is voluntary but encouraged. Contribution to this page is also encouraged and voluntary.
- Recording the initial movie discussion information is done exclusively by Lloyd Black.
- That includes the movie title, date, and attendance information.
Discussion entry notes protocol:
- Contributors are welcome to add entries into the discussion as long as they give their name before their contribution.
- Please add your new entry below the last entry made.
- When adding your entry please follow the format below and add your ideas below:
- Format: (name) entry:
- Example: John Smith entry:
- (Discussion entry goes here)
- If you need assistance in formatting please ask Lloyd and he'll be happy to help you.
- Be sure to add your entry below the existing entries of other people.
- Do Not change another person's entry and do not post as another person.
- If you need to change or add to your own post, please do so within your original entry for that movie.
- Please keep discussion entries within reasonable length. Long entries tend to make people lose interest in discussions. So, please summarize your discussion thoughts.
- Lloyd Black reserves the right to remove entries if they are unreasonably abusive towards other contributors.
Thank you for interest in sharing your thoughts about the presentation.
Movie: "Gremlins"- Dec. 22nd, 2017
- Event Host and Discussion Moderator: Lloyd Black
- Event Attendees and Discussion Contributors:
- Stephen Copeland
- August Pamplona
- Lloyd Black entry:
- We discussed the possible origin of the Mogwai being of natural origin. There wasn't enough solid information to determine any additional data about the creature. We also were unable to conclude the religion or origin of the old man. We did consider that the Mogwai may not age like natural biological beings based on how long it may have been with the old man. Also, the old man stated in the end that the son may be ready at some point, which may suggest that the Mogwai are old enough to see generations of people so they may be passed down. We theorized on other topics but no solid conclusions were reached based on the fact that it's simply just a movie.
- Lloyd Black entry:
- Additionally: We ended up watching "Colossus: The Forbin Project". However, it will still be shown as scheduled. The movie was shown to present the very beginning of the movie to Stephen Copeland who was interested by what Lloyd Black shared but we got sucked into the movie and ended up watching the entire movie which of course ended in a short discussion. That discussion was mostly carried outside of the classroom and actually outside. So, a more lengthy discussion will be recorded on the day of the official showing and discussion of "Colossus: The Forbin Project" on Jan 26th.