Not certain yet. Currently between pseudoclassroom and leather area. Accessible via Warehouse
The Scanning Electron Microscope allows people to view a wide range of items and to work on projects using various tools and equipment specialized for Electron Microscopy. The lab scope is a JEOL 35CF scope originally sold in 1979.
How Do I....
Read the manuals, especially 35C Quick Reference below.. John Cope is currently working on digitizing manuals and other documents that came with the scopes. Joining the slack channel and browsing pinned items for literature, and reading that literature, is a big help now.
Get SEMs from Tallahassee to Orlando
- Build room for SEM
- Get SEM vacuum functional
- Swap oil diffusion for turbo? Possible reason for Adam to visit and help
- Get SEM electronics functional
- Turn on complete system
- Start tuning in knobs for productive operation
- Take pics of tinies
Equipment List and Required Training
- JEOL 35C
- SEM - Scanning Electron Microscope
- Roughing Pump Long pumping assembly stationed behind column
- Turbo-Molecular Pump - High vacuum pump mounted in base of column
- Observation and Control Console - To the right of the column. Buncha knobs and a screen or two