The popcorn machine is ready for use. Please read the instructions before use.
Specific cleaning instructions will be available here soon.
Important: When cleaning the kettle, DO NOT immerse the kettle into water. It will damage the kettle's heating element. If the kettle is damaged, the machine will be removed until a new kettle can be purchased. Only clean the inside of the kettle to remove popcorn pieces and the oil.
- Lloyd has made available a generous amount of Open-Top Popcorn Boxes. Feel free to use them however please use only one box, per night, per person.
- Don't just throw out the one you're using and pick up a new one each time you eat the popcorn if you're going to eat a lot of popcorn during the night. They will be used up quickly if not used in moderation. Lloyd is spending his own money for the popcorn machine supplies, the lab is not paying for popcorn machine supplies.
If you wish to contribute to the popcorn machine supplies, please contact Lloyd Black and a donation can be discussed.
- Lloyd may be reached on Slack (@lloyd.black) via a direct message or via email using his email address on his wiki user profile page linked here: Lloyd Black
The popcorn machine has some parts that can become dangerously hot and can badly burn people if it's not used carefully.
It will be asked that anyone who uses the machine to clean it properly after it's use.
There will be instructions on how to clean it properly so it doesn't rust and possibly contaminate the popcorn.
This page will be for information about how to properly use the popcorn machine located in the Laptop Bar.
It also will contain images and instructions on it's use so it may be used properly and safely.
Also, there will be a list of supplies for use by the machine. This will be useful so supplies will be able to remain in stock.
- Popcorn Machine Instructions
- Popcorn Machine User Manual
- Cleaning instructions will be available soon.
- Lloyd Black retains ownership of the popcorn machine for repair and maintenance.
- It was purchased for use ONLY at FamiLAB. The popcorn machine is NEVER to be removed from FamiLAB without Lloyd Black's permission.
- Lloyd Black reserves the right to remove the machine if any abuse is evident.