Mach3 is CNC (computer numerical control) software used by FamiLAB on the CNC Mini Mill. It is commercial software made by Artsoft (a division of Newfangled Software). The CNC Mini Mill will be upgraded to Mach4 and the Mach3 will be moved to another machine.
Mach3 turns a typical computer into a CNC machine controller. Mach3 works on most Windows PCs to control the motion of motors (stepper & servo) by processing G-code. Mach3 is customizable and is used for many applications with numerous types of hardware. Mach3 is the predecessor to Mach4.
Watch videos below. Then talk to experts to get in a class.
Experts and References
- Mach3 web page.
- Mach3 product manuals.
- Mach Support channel on YouTube.
- Playlist of tutorials on setting up & using Mach3, by Paul Campbell .
- 1: Setup After Installing Mach3 - useful for initial setup of the machine.
- 2: The Mach3 Interface - good for knowing all the functions & buttons. Do watch.
- 3: Offsets, Homing, & Limits - good for setting up the work coordinate system and machine coordinate system. Do watch.
- 4: Inputs & Outputs - mostly on the interface between computer & machine.
- 5: Troubleshooting.