From FamiLAB Wiki
Areas of interest. List project ideas under the area of interest. If you have a project that spans multiple areas of interest, consider splitting your project into parts. Add general areas of interest as well.
- Data Mining
- Develop surveys for lots of crazy crap, get random people on the internet to fill out the surveys, then store and analyze that data.
- Computer Modelling
- Biology, Systems Science (Systems theory, first and second order cybernetics, complex adaptive * systems, emergence and self-organization)
- Neural networks
- Evolutionary/genetic programming
- Cellular automata/swarm intelligence
- Mathematical biology
- Knowledge Representation
- Data Visualizations, graphviz use, easy to implement automated graphing tools based off existing datastructures
- Simple reporting that makes your stuff look cool
- Careful Design Projects
- Biomimetics/bionics in architecture and engineering
- Tensile structures/tensegrity structures
- Educational Projects
- Build a cluster
- VM vulnerability testbed - multiple VMs with various vulnerable OSs in a single box, allow members to hack it!