FamiLAB is Central Florida’s provider of space, tools, and community for creative technical learning and projects. If you are looking for a great place to meet like-minded people, learn, collaborate on projects, and have access to great tools, FamiLAB is the place for you!
FamiLAB’s mission is to promote the sharing of knowledge through the creation of safe and fun spaces to learn. These physical and virtual spaces contain the tools, materials, and expertise that rapidly accelerate learning but are not normally accessible to the general public.
FamiLAB welcomes makers, artists, thinkers, hackers, crafters, and everyone else – come wield your imagination in any (legal and ethical) way you see fit. Think of FamiLAB as a club for geeks! Whether you are an art geek, hardware geek, photography geek, code geek, lab geek, or anything in between we would like you to join us at the lab and teach a class, lead a lecture, or simply work on a project while surrounded by awesome people. If you can think of it, come build and share it at the lab.
Following the philosophies of the worldwide Hackerspace movement, FamiLAB seeks to be a diverse community where people of various backgrounds can come together to teach and learn. We provide a space, tools, and a community of geeks for you to utilize. Our current tools include hand tools, power tools, soldering stations, 3D printers, a laser cutter, CNC milling machines and routers, and more!. Interests among current members range from abstract mathematics to microcontrollers, iPhone and Android application programming, Arduino design and coding, PCB design, FPGA design, Quadcopters, Machining, Biohacking, Photography, Gaming, etc. We’re always looking for new people to collaborate on current projects or bring new projects to the table.
To become a FamiLAB member, see our Membership information page.
If you are already a FamiLAB member, then PLEASE get a wiki account (instructions on the New Member Orientation Info page, create your user page, and share your knowledge!!
- The wiki is back! The process of updating it is underway. Become a wiki member and help us make a better wiki for all.
- Active Member List
- Contact Members
- New Member Orientation Info - New Members - Start Here!
- Map of Important FamiLAB Locations
- Food Guide
- Local Vender (Materials)
- CAD/CAM Software
- HAAS VF-1 CNC Mill
- Manual Lathes and Mills
- Drill Presses
- Hydraulic Press
- BioTech Lab Safety
- PCR Equipment
- Fluid Handling Robot
- Electrophoresis Equipment
- Clean hood
- Refrigerators and Freezer
- Running FamiLAB - Roles & Responsibilities, Opportunities to Get Involved
- What Can (and Can't) I Do At FamiLAB
- How to: Classes, Workshops and Events
- Checking items out of the lab
- Focus and guidance
- Dream Equipment
- List of FamiLAB Google Docs
- Contributing to the FamiLAB Blog - PLEASE DO!
- Projects In Progress
Community Workshops, Events, Challenges
- Introduction to Stepper Motors, for Makers and Artists - Friday, May 22, 2015 from 7:15 PM to 9:15 PM (EDT)
- Video Game Party - Saturday, May 30, 2015 to Sunday, May 31, 2015 at 4:00 AM (EDT)
- InfoComm15 FamiLAB Tour - Wednesday, June 17, 2015
- Orlando Maker Faire
- Documenting various things is a project in itself! Here is a list of documentation projects
- Classroom buildout at the new space
- Server Consolidation project
- Famicam v2 project
- Cool Exciting Projects - (Out of date)
- Screen Printing for Lab
- Slack This is our main channel of day-to-day communication
- FamiLAB Blog
- FamiLAB's Calendar
- @FamiLAB on Twitter
- @Famduino - FamiLAB WebCam Image Links
- FamiLAB's Forums
- Google Photos (PicasaWeb) Pics tagged "FamiLAB"
- Flickr Pics tagged "FamiLAB"