The Electronics Bench is the facility area for making electrical and electronic projects. It consists of two workbenches, a variety of electronic equipment, and many bins for components. Members use the Electronics Bench for building, testing, and using electronic equipment.
Please add information about the equipment and how to use it all, electronics activities, safety, etc.
Electronics Bench Space
The Electronics Bench is in the warehouse space by the overhead door and just to the left after exiting the Classroom by its back door. There are two large wooden benches back to back. Both have storage space underneath and the left one has shelves above. The left bench has a Weller soldering station.
The benches have several storage bins in the storage space. Most items in the bins are recycled.
- Big bins: Motors. Servos/Steppers. PC Cables/Adapters. Project Boxes. LEDs. PCBs.
- Other bins: Relays/Connectors. Buttons/Switches. Connectors. Heat Sinks. Fans. Breadboard/Protoboard. Shields. Displays. Network Cables. AV/RF Cables.
- Power supply bins (mostly wall warts): <6V. 9V. 12V. >12V.
Readily Accessible Equipment
- Tektronics Type 545B Oscilloscope: 2 channel.
- Goldstar OS-904RD Oscilloscope: 2 channel; 40MHz.
- B&K Precision 1856C Counter.
- B&K Precision Model 2005A RF Generator: to 450 MHz.
- B&K Precision 2120B Oscilloscope: 2 channel.
Members use the Electronics Bench for building, testing, and using electronic equipment. One favorite use is building & operating drone quadcopters.
- OSHA – Electrical safety notes
- WARNING: Intentional shock is strictly forbidden!