4x4 CNC Router Upgrades
From FamiLAB Wiki
Potential Improvements to the CNC Router
- Add probe (for zeroing axes on workpiece).
- Change emergency stops to also stop the spindle motor & the Z motion.
- Add threaded inserts to bed board so workpiece and spoilboard can be bolted directly to the bed.
- Add the cyclonic separator to the dust collection system.
- Modify router table, bed, & rails from 4’x4’ to 4’x8’.
- Change brackets from MDF to metal.
- Change lead screws to something better.
- Change Z-axis motor from stepper to servo, to provide position feedback.
- Change the X axis & Y axis to linear bearings.