So, you want to be a FamiLAB Member? Awesome! We love adding new people to our community. We have a new membership process that allows you to get to know us and us to get to know you.
(Bear with us as we're trying out a new process - this may change a little bit!)
Where do I start?
- Come visit us during one of our public events (come to open house, take a class, visit a meetup, or most anything on our calendar)
- Sign a safety waiver
- Fill out the new member application
- Come to the next member meeting to formally Introduce yourself to the membership. This allows us to get to know you, and you to get to know us.
- (We know that Tuesdays aren't great for everyone. If Tuesday nights are difficult for you, contact us and we'll get you set up to hangouts in or send us a video introduction.)
- After introduction, you will get your provisional badge (now you can be in the space as long as a member is there)
- While you're at the lab, complete the scavenger hunt
- Get three people to provide you with testimonials - this is more than a signature, this is someone willing to tell us about a positive interaction with you. This can be on paper or via our testimonials form
What can I do with my provisional badge?
- Attend events! Come to classes! Hang out at the lab and make things! Get an understanding of our community!
What happens next?
- Once you've got your testimonials, come to the next member meeting to be formally introduced as a new member. OR, if you can't make it out, we'll read your testimonials at the meeting so we get to know you better
- Set up your dues payments (If you think you might have trouble with this step, you can contact the treasurer at firstname.lastname@example.org to work something out.)
- Once you start paying dues your provisional badge will be activated, while you await your official one, giving you 24/7 access to the LAB. You should then send a photo to badges at email@example.com and a custom badge will be printed for you.
Membership Levels and Dues
Please do not start paying dues until you have been confirmed at a monthly meeting.
- "Booster" Membership: Dues are $100/month. Membership support of FamiLAB includes voting rights, 24x7 access to the lab, and ability to sponsor another individual at the "Maker" level.
- "Maker" Membership: Dues are $50/month. Membership support of FamiLAB includes voting rights, and 24x7 access to the lab.
Membership rights extend to immediate family members.
Sponsorship opportunities are available for students and those in need. Contact us for more information.
Recommendations for Potential & New Members
- Join the forums - http://forums.familab.org And tell us a little about yourself in the new members section!
- Chat with us on Slack - Our official daily communication platform. Invite yourself by using the link here! Slack
I'm an existing member. What do I do if I have a concern about someone (new member, existing member, etc.)?
- Bring it to the board - you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or use our form and we'll discuss it at the next board meeting. If you email us or leave your contact information in the form, we'll get back with you about a resolution after the next board meeting.