Talk:December Monthly Meeting Agenda
I think we need to break the agenda off into decisional items and discussion topics. The meeting should only be needed for decisional items which require money or organizational change. Right? Seems like our meetings get longer, and we rarely make decisions unless the issue is forced. Definitely recommend discussion happen between (or just after) meetings with a decisional vote at the meeting based on the consensus of the discussion. Abyssknight 08:44, 8 December 2011 (CST)
- Do-ocracied that division myself. If you don't like it, feel free to edit. Abyssknight 09:31, 8 December 2011 (CST)
- Membership levels: Current structure defines "thinker" and "maker" levels. There has been objection to limiting access to tools. Mack
- The value add really needs to be well defined, otherwise no one will pay the higher level of dues. Why would you pay extra for the same level of access? Personal storage is great, but currently not enforced as a "maker" level only thing.
- Where are these objections coming from? My assumption is that most of the complaints are coming from non-members or "thinker" level members. Not trying to take a hard stance here, but it seems like people are complaining to complain again.
- We can't sustain the lab at $20 a head. 20 * ~30 = 600/month which is barely our rent at the old space. If anything, we need to up the rates so we can make our utility bill.
- We need a better solution to this problem. Access control didn't work at the old space, and apparently it isn't going to work here either.
- Most of the issues we have tend to be with people who are not as invested in the space, be it time or money. As seen with the fire extinguisher, laser-hogger, and other recent issues.