Running FamiLAB

From FamiLAB Wiki
(Difference between revisions)
Jump to: navigation, search
(Equipment and Tool Maintenance:)
 
(25 intermediate revisions by 6 users not shown)
Line 1: Line 1:
 
This page is in active development...
 
This page is in active development...
 +
 +
Todo: Convert names over to wiki user pages...
  
 
PREAMBLE GOES HERE with [https://www.noisebridge.net/wiki/Do-ocracy Do-ocracy] overview and link...
 
PREAMBLE GOES HERE with [https://www.noisebridge.net/wiki/Do-ocracy Do-ocracy] overview and link...
Line 6: Line 8:
 
== Corporation Duties ==
 
== Corporation Duties ==
  
President: Daniel Robert Lewis
+
'''President:''' Daniel Robert Lewis
 
*List Responsibilities
 
*List Responsibilities
  
  
Vice President: Daniel Burroughs
+
'''Vice President:''' Daniel Burroughs
 
*List Responsibilities
 
*List Responsibilities
  
  
Treasurer: Ian Cole
+
'''Treasurer:''' Ian Cole ([[user:digitalman2112|Digitalman2112]])
 
* Landlord Relationship
 
* Landlord Relationship
 
* Monthly Financial Summary
 
* Monthly Financial Summary
 
* Maintenance of Member List
 
* Maintenance of Member List
 
* Class Supplies Inventory (kits, etc.)
 
* Class Supplies Inventory (kits, etc.)
 +
* Bank Account management
 +
* Payment of Bills
 +
* Reimbursement of Expenses
 
* more...
 
* more...
  
Secretary: Mack Hooper
+
'''Secretary:''' Mack Hooper ([[user:mack|Mack]])
 
* Monthly Meeting
 
* Monthly Meeting
 
* Annual Meeting
 
* Annual Meeting
 
* Annual Corporate Filing
 
* Annual Corporate Filing
 +
* Maintenance of P.O. Box
 
* more...
 
* more...
  
== Volunteer / Do-acracy  Duties ==
 
  
Website:
 
* Wordpress Administration - Mack H., Bill R.
 
* Wordpress Content - Ian C., Bill R. (All members are encouraged to submit blog content - we will excerpt your blog, or write blog entries for you, or if you are interested, you can submit directly once we show you the nuances of our wordpress template...)
 
* Website Contact Form Submissions - Mack H., Ian C., Bill R., ?
 
  
 +
== Volunteer / Do-acracy  Duties ==
  
Wiki:
+
===Website===
* Wiki Admin (Accounts) - Chris P.
+
* '''Wordpress Administration''' - Mack H. ([[user:mack|Mack]]), Bill R. ([[user:abyssknight|Abyssknight]])
* Wiki Editing - All Members - get an account and help improve it...
+
* '''Wordpress Content''' - Ian C. ([[user:digitalman2112|Digitalman2112]]), Bill R. ([[user:abyssknight|Abyssknight]]) - All members are encouraged to submit blog content - we will excerpt your blog, or write blog entries for you, or if you are interested, you can submit directly once we show you the nuances of our wordpress template...
 +
* '''Website Contact Form Submissions''' - Mack H. ([[user:mack|Mack]]), Ian C. ([[user:digitalman2112|Digitalman2112]]), Bill R. ([[user:abyssknight|Abyssknight]]), Aaron C. ([[user:wilycoldcuts|Wilycoldcuts]])
 +
* '''Web Server Administration''' - Mack H. ([[user:mack|Mack]])
  
  
Email Lists:
+
===Wiki===
* Admin / Moderation - Mack H.
+
* '''Wiki Admin''' (Accounts) - Chris P. ([[user:chorca|Chorca]]) - Members, [mailto:chorca@gmail.com email me] for Wiki access with your desired username and email you want to register with. A password will be mailed to you.  [[user:Mack|Mack]] can create accounts as well.
 +
* '''Wiki Editing''' - All Members - get an account and help improve it...
  
  
Social Media:
+
===Email Lists===
* Twitter - Ian C., Bill R. (Please make sure that FamiLAB is following you, and please retweet about events, classes, etc.)
+
* '''Admin / Moderation''' - Mack H. ([[user:mack|Mack]])
* Linked In Group - Mack H., Ian C.(Please join it...and post if you will be attending events, etc.)
+
* Facebook - Abandoned. Need to get the old group archived and clean up the page at a minimum.
+
  
  
Class Administration:
+
===Social Media===
* EventBrite - Dave C., Ian C., Mack H. (We can create a class / event as needed - even if free...)
+
* '''Twitter''' - Ian C. ([[user:digitalman2112|Digitalman2112]]), Bill R. ([[user:abyssknight|Abyssknight]]) (Please make sure that FamiLAB is following you, and please retweet about events, classes, etc.)  
* Monthly class planning - Dave C., Ian C., Mack H., Bill R.
+
* '''Linked In Group''' - Mack H. ([[user:mack|Mack]]), Ian C. ([[user:digitalman2112|Digitalman2112]]) (Please join it...and post if you will be attending events, etc.)
* Cloudspace Host - Dan L.
+
* '''Facebook''' - Dan resurrected it - get over there and "Like" it!
 +
* '''Google+''' - [[user:Mack|Mack (f00bard)]]
  
Other:
 
[http://www.adafruit.com/blog/2010/06/01/big-news-all-hacker-spaces-in-the-world-get-adafruit-reseller-pricing-starting-today Adafruit Hackerspace discount] ordering - Dave C.
 
Acrylic Scrap Pickup - Ian C.
 
* Laird Plastics - Every 2 or 3 weeks - Joel (manager) is the contact - Prefers (1pm to 3pm)
 
  
 +
===Promotion on other websites / communities===
 +
* '''Reddit''' - Bill R ([[user:abyssknight|Abyssknight]]), Anthony M. 
 +
* '''Florida Creatives''' - Dave C. ([[user:da3v|Da3v]])
 +
* '''DEFCON / DC407''' - Bill R. ([[user:abyssknight|Abyssknight]])
 +
* '''Radio Shack''' - Ian C. ([[user:digitalman2112|Digitalman2112]])
 +
* '''Make / MakerFaire''' - Dave C. ([[user:da3v|Da3v]]), Ian C. ([[user:digitalman2112|Digitalman2112]])
 +
* '''Orlando Nerds and Geeks''' - Ted W.
  
  
Equipment and Tool Maintenance:
+
===Class Administration===
* Laser -  
+
* '''EventBrite''' - Dave C. ([[user:da3v|Da3v]]), Ian C. ([[user:digitalman2112|Digitalman2112]]), Mack H. ([[user:mack|Mack]]) -- We can create a class / event as needed - even if free...
* Servers - ?
+
* '''Monthly class planning''' - Dave C. ([[user:da3v|Da3v]]), Ian C. ([[user:digitalman2112|Digitalman2112]]), Mack H. ([[user:mack|Mack]]), Bill R. ([[user:abyssknight|Abyssknight]])
* PBX -  
+
* '''Cloudspace Host''' - Dan L.
*
+
* '''Updating the [http://familab.org/blog/public-classes-events/ Public Classes & Events] page on the website''' - Ian C. ([[user:digitalman2112|Digitalman2112]])
 +
* '''Class & Event Promotional Reminder to list''' - Ian C. ([[user:digitalman2112|Digitalman2112]])
  
Safety Equipment
 
* List of required equipment - Mike K.
 
  
== Items that need Volunteers ==
+
===New Member Welcome===  
Many of these things are done today, but it would be nice to spread the load around / have backups...
+
'''Ian C. ([[user:digitalman2112|Digitalman2112]]), Matt A. ([[user:armstrom|armstrom]])'''
 +
* Send a welcome email - with a link to the [[New Member Orientation Info]]
 +
* Provide overview of resources [[New Member Orientation Info]] updated
 +
* Make sure they get a key
 +
* Check up on them periodically until they start interacting with the group
 +
* Basically, make them feel welcome!
  
  
Monthly Open House "Host"
+
===Monthly Open House "Host"===
 +
'''Ian C. ([[user:digitalman2112|Digitalman2112]]), Aaron C. ([[user:cunninghamsandwich|cunninghamsandwich]])'''
 
* Communicate with RSVPs
 
* Communicate with RSVPs
 
* Buy cookies, drinks (soda / water / gatorade), ice (with approved budget / reimbursement)
 
* Buy cookies, drinks (soda / water / gatorade), ice (with approved budget / reimbursement)
Line 81: Line 93:
 
* Greet people, make sure they know where the bathroom is, etc.
 
* Greet people, make sure they know where the bathroom is, etc.
  
 +
===Other===
 +
* [http://www.adafruit.com/blog/2010/06/01/big-news-all-hacker-spaces-in-the-world-get-adafruit-reseller-pricing-starting-today Adafruit Hackerspace discount] ordering - Dave C. ([[user:da3v|Da3v]])
 +
* Acrylic Scrap Pickup - Ian C. ([[user:digitalman2112|Digitalman2112]]) - [http://maps.google.com/maps?q=laird+plastics&hl=en&ll=28.516517,-81.445427&spn=0.070214,0.132093&sll=28.542608,-81.486969&sspn=0.280785,0.528374&vpsrc=6&t=m&radius=19.25&z=14&iwloc=A Laird Plastics] - Every 2 or 3 weeks - Joel (manager) is the contact - Prefers 1pm to 3pm
  
Donations Manager
+
 
 +
===Equipment and Tool Maintenance:===
 +
* Laser - Now interviewing
 +
* Servers -
 +
* [[PhoneSystem|PBX]] - Chris P. ([[user:chorca|Chorca]]), Mack H. ([[user:mack|Mack]])
 +
* Lab Network - Mack H. ([[user:mack|Mack]])
 +
 
 +
===Safety Equipment===
 +
* List of required equipment - [[user:Hybridsix|Mike K.]]
 +
 
 +
 
 +
===Lab Access Control===
 +
* See [[user:Mack|Mack]] for a keycard or for alterations to access control system
 +
 
 +
 
 +
===A/V Equipment===
 +
* [[user:Hybridsix|Mike K.]]
 +
 
 +
==Items that need Volunteers==
 +
Many of these things are done today, but it would be nice to spread the load around / have backups...
 +
 
 +
 
 +
===Donations Manager===
 
* Better define what we will or will not accept
 
* Better define what we will or will not accept
 
* Work with agencies that take PC donations to keep our Lab clean
 
* Work with agencies that take PC donations to keep our Lab clean
Line 90: Line 127:
  
  
 +
===Workshop / Class Host===
 +
* Anyone can lead a workshop or class - Please volunteer - we will help you get started!
  
Workshop / Class Host - Anyone can lead a workshop or class - Please volunteer - we will help you get started!
 
  
 
+
===Shop Manager===
New Member Welcome
+
* Track consumables, order as necessary - Ted W. ([[user:waterbury|waterbury]])
* Send a welcome email
+
** Bathroom supplies
* Provide overview of resources
+
** Kitchen supplies
* Make sure they get a key
+
** Shop consumables we've agreed to pool costs on
* Basically, make them feel welcome!
+

Latest revision as of 01:12, 21 March 2012

This page is in active development...

Todo: Convert names over to wiki user pages...

PREAMBLE GOES HERE with Do-ocracy overview and link...


Contents

Corporation Duties

President: Daniel Robert Lewis


Vice President: Daniel Burroughs


Treasurer: Ian Cole (Digitalman2112)

Secretary: Mack Hooper (Mack)


Volunteer / Do-acracy Duties

Website


Wiki


Email Lists


Social Media


Promotion on other websites / communities


Class Administration


New Member Welcome

Ian C. (Digitalman2112), Matt A. (armstrom)


Monthly Open House "Host"

Ian C. (Digitalman2112), Aaron C. (cunninghamsandwich)

Other


Equipment and Tool Maintenance:

Safety Equipment


Lab Access Control


A/V Equipment

Items that need Volunteers

Many of these things are done today, but it would be nice to spread the load around / have backups...


Donations Manager


Workshop / Class Host


Shop Manager

Personal tools
Namespaces
Variants
Actions
Navigation
Toolbox