I'll work to keep this current, feel free to email / call with questions...
Pic goes here
Link to raising geeks goes here
It was purchased and built by Ian (Digitalman2112) between April and June of 2011.
Warning, I make mistakes, and sometimes the mistakes stay in the photos - don't use these as your only reference :)
- RAMPS v1.2
- Fan for Polulu - 40mm(?) from Skycraft
- Arduino Mega 2560
- Power Supply - Sunpower Model FDPS-240A 12v 20A power supply
- Makergear Prusa Mendel Hybrid Kit
- Makergear stepper extruder
- 0.9 degree steppers on X & Y (with shafts flattened for pulley set screws)
- 1.8 degree steppers on Z (qty 2)
- Swapped out ceramic heater (kept breaking them) for Resistor Block
- .35 nozzle
- Moved X endstop so that origin (0,0) is front left (with Y stepper at the BACK)
Ian (user link) is currently using the following:
- Pronterface with SFACT
- 10/2/2011 CURRENT SCREENSHOT OF SETTINGS
The printer is NOW printing. It needs better calibration, but it is close.
This is the TODO or In-progress list...
- Get the fan on the polulus mounted & connected to always be on
- Build a RAMPS case
- Clean up stepper wiring, and add some nice disconnects...
- Add a print cooling fan?
- Speed up python?
- Turn on & off fan in D9 with M106
- Calibrating SFACT - DO THIS
- Spent lots of time getting bind out of the Y & Z - this is why the Polulus needed so much current, and why they were overheating...