(Created page with 'Meeting Minutes 12JAN10 Agenda Items In attendance: Tetsu, Fishtank, Brian, Sean, Anthony, Ibraham, Devon, Mack, Chesire 8:04 PM - Meeting called to order - Dan asks, everyon…')
m (1 revision: Bringing in the good)
Latest revision as of 18:38, 18 August 2011
Meeting Minutes 12JAN10
In attendance: Tetsu, Fishtank, Brian, Sean, Anthony, Ibraham, Devon, Mack, Chesire
8:04 PM - Meeting called to order
- Dan asks, everyone subscribed to mailing list?
- So, security
- Webcams viable?
- Cost is the dominating factor
- Brian thinks we need a dog (joking)
- Start off with Zoneminder with USB cams first, add higher quality cams after the fact
8:15 - Enter Indy's friend, Devon
- This Saturday, work on the Zoneminder system
- Sean is going to score us some easy buttons
- Hack the easy button?
- Already been done
- Asking Devin about what his favorite linux distro is
- Ubuntu, Mandrake, etc.
- Not Gentoo, thank god
8:23 - Sean asking what good imaging software is
- fog (Free Opensource Ghost)
- Sean: who do we 'sudo open-house'
- Mack; What is the open house goal
- Dan: we want to have an open house
- Sean: to gain members
- Dan: this weekend, open house?
- Anthony: Members need to participate in Wordpress
- Dan: get reblogged on Hackaday
8:36 - State of the Treasury - We're close to paying our rent
- Could use 4 more members
- Sean: Thhinks we should move the meetings to a public forum
- What is the goal of apublic forum
- Used to meet in Panera, then BAM.
- The hackerspace is kind of offputting
- Guerilla marketing: Business cards, stickers, etc.
- 2600 is advertising hackerspaces, Chesire can take care of that
- Making videos, tutorials, is good advertising, we shuld work towards that
- We don't have many cameras, really
8:46 - Meeting called to an end