Laser for Newbies
From FamiLAB Wiki
Revision as of 15:55, 4 September 2011 by Abyssknight
- Turn the laser PC on
- Turn the laser on
- Cut the material to fit
- Put the material in the laser cutter
- Check the distance from the material to the diode (54mm) If you are unsure what this means, check page 16 in the green folder marked "Lazer Manual". You will need calipers to check this.
- There are no endstops. If you're print is too big, it will try to print outside the printable area. Which is bad. Very bad.
- The door does not lock. If you try to open it, you will succeed. Following that, you may be injured or killed. Don't do this while it is running.
- That orange plexiglass will not save your eyes. Do not look at the beam. If you have to, wear laser safety goggles. Even then, may the odds be ever in your favor.
- If you don't know if you can cut it, don't. You could burn up the laser. And die.
General Steps from Create to Print
- Create the file in InkScape
- Print to XPS
- Open in the Full Spectrum software
- On the Vector Cut tab, these items will be cut
- On the Raser Cut tab, these items will be etched
- Everything in the file should be black at roughly .1px
- Everything in the file should be vector