2012 DERPA Challenge
From FamiLAB Wiki
Revision as of 02:27, 23 February 2012 by Tetsuharu
ARE YOU READY FOR DERP
- If it's got wheels, they may not be circular NOR can their axis of rotation be near their center nor may the axis of rotation of the wheels be parallel to the ground.
- If it's got legs, the minimum number of leg lengths for N number of legs is (N/2)+3
- If it's in the category of planicopters, then it cannot have an fixed wings or static arms linking to its props.
- If it's a dirigible, it must have multiple buoyancy devices, separated by the maximum width of any of the balloons, and the smallest must not be smaller than half the size of the largest
- Winner of race
- Creativity of solution
- Final score gets a 00.7% bump for brown nosing the judges in a way that doesn't make us feel bad for giving out extra points. Judging is not fair in this category.
- Dont Expect Really Practical Applications
- Deliberately Engineering Rather Problematic Applications
- Derpy Engineers for Reaching Profound Altitutdes
- Daring Entropy Research Project Agency